I have participated in Gaining the momentum: Open access & advancement of Science and Research workshop, that took place on May 14, 2009 at CSIR Conference Centre, Pretoria, South Africa. The workshop was organised by Susan Veldsman, Director: Scholarly Publishing Unit, ASSAf, & Iryna Kuchma, Open Access program manager, eIFL.net.
The workshop presentations are available HERE.
Some of the important papers were:
- Open Access for researchers: enlarged audience and citation impact, tenure and promotion. Advanced and enhanced metrics. The evidences that Open Access leads to advancement of science and research. Iryna Kuchma, eIFL.net. You can view the presentation on www.slideshare.net/irynak/
- Academic Participation, Prof Arthur Sale, Australia: open access, mandate, participation, incentives, self-archiving, repository
- Why SciELO? A strategic Approach to Research Publishing in South Africa, Susan Veldsman.
- National federated searching. Prof Arthur Sale: open access, search engine, federated search, repository, Australia.
- DuraSpace: Digital Information All way, always (European Open Repositories)
Tell us how you feel about Open Access and the benefits for Sciences and Research? Leave a comment.